Subject: Re: [boost] [Iterator][MultiIndex]iterator-specificpartition_point-relatedfunctions
From: Arno Schödl (aschoedl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-27 07:23:30

>>> Furthermore, if you publish the type of the function object used, people
>>> can still customize all of those individual variants if they're crazy
>>> enough to want to do that.
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean.

>The customizer simply writes a partition_point overload where the
>function object type is specific, e.g. something like
>binder2nd<std::less<T>, T> (I forget the real signatures)

Ah, ok. We may want to turn the bind function objects into C++0x lambdas later. I am not sure you can overload on lambda types.

>> O.k., I am happy we finally have agreement:-) I will send out the new version. Do you
>> want to include it into Boost.Iterator (my preference), or as a separate library?
>
>I'm sorry, but what component(s) are you proposing should be included
>into Boost.Iterator? Not the default partition_point,
>boost::lower_bound, et. al.?

Yes, that was the idea, to have all tools to implement a new iterator in one place. If you don't like that, how do you want to do it? Separate library "partition_point" with

- algorithms.hpp for default partition_point and lower_bound et. al.,

and

- transform_iterator.hpp
- ...

for the various partition_point overloads?

Or only have the default implementation in a separate library and implement the partition_point overloads in Boost.Iterator/Boost.MultiIndexContainer's iterator-specific header files, such as transform_iterator.hpp?

Arno

--
Dr. Arno Schoedl · aschoedl_at_[hidden]
Technical Director

think-cell Software GmbH · Invalidenstr. 34 · 10115 Berlin, Germany
http://www.think-cell.com · phone +49-30-666473-10 · toll-free (US) +1-800-891-8091
Directors: Dr. Markus Hannebauer, Dr. Arno Schoedl · Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 85229