Subject: [boost] [build] how do I run tests? (was: Proposed templated integer_sort)
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 13:10:23

Steven,

Your subject line was pretty much designed not to get the attention of
the people who can help you ;-)

on Tue Jan 13 2009, Steven Ross <spreadsort-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I run Boost's automated testing on a single unit test,

 $ cd directory/containing/test/Jamfile/or/Jamfile.v2
 $ bjam name-of-test

> and how do I
> create a new test directory in BOOST_ROOT/libs/algorithm/sorting such that
> it gets executed?

Integrate it into $BOOST_ROOT/status/Jamfile.v2 similarly to how the
other test suites are integrated.

> If someone could just explain how I run
> libs/algorithm/string's automated tests,

  $ cd $BOOST_ROOT/libs/algorithm/string/test/
  $ bjam

> I'd be quite happy to copy how its
> tests are written, and modify them to test sorting correctness. I've spent
> over 7 hours so far trying to figure this out, and it's starting to get
> ridiculous. I've read through the documentation of bjam and the Boost test
> library and they don't seem to explain this.

Boost.Test has basically nothing to do with the question, and the bjam
docs won't help you because bjam is a low-level build tool. You need
the Boost.Build docs. Boost.Build is a build system that uses bjam.

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing