Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38.0] beta 2 release candidate
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-29 15:09:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
To: "Boost Developers List" <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:46 PM
Subject: [boost] [1.38.0] beta 2 release candidate

> The beta 1 release candidate from earlier in the week had enough
> issues that I decided not to push it out to sourceforge. Most (all?)
> of those issues have been corrected, and a new release candidate is up
> at http://boost.cowic.de/rc/

Hi,

In "
This release includes new libraries flyweight, swap and scope exit as well as updates to many existing libraries. See Release History for more information."

why the Release History link do not points to a file included in the distribution? Currently it is "http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_38_0". I understand that this allows to change it without modifying the distribution, but I'm not sure if this is souhaitable, a distribution that do not include itself the release notes sounds a little bit extrange to me.

I'm not saying that the page web incuding the release history is not interesting. BTW, how we can go reach for example http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_36_0 from http://www.boost.org?

Thanks,
Vicente