Subject: Re: [boost] [lexical_cast] A suggestion
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 00:41:20

Alex,

Thank you for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

> I'm against this change. See my other messages in this thread for details.

Well, I certainly read your messages in the thread and somehow they did not
come across as you were against. It's certainly clear now. Even though I was
not proposing to change anything. It was clearly an addition, i.e. it would
not have any disruptive impact. However, the practical usefulness of that
addition is substantial (well, for my and I suspect others usage pattern).

> I'm a maintainer.

Thanks for the info.

> If you really want to push this change, you should involve the C++
> committee, especially the authors of N1973 Kevlin Henney and Beman Dawes.

I am CCing the authors. Maybe they see it in a more favorable light. :-) Not
sure through if they get back to me/us on that.

Best,
V.