Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38.0] branches/release frozen
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-07 08:28:07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel James" <daniel_james_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:46 PM

> 2009/2/7 vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> There are other libraries that have been modified that should add an item in this page even if the changes are minor and even more when there are semantic changes:
>> * Any (semantic interface change)
>> * Compatibility
>> * CircularBuffer (warning removal)
>> * ConceptCheck (warning removal)
>> * Conversion (lexical_cast)
>> * Format
>> * Rational (warning removal)
>> * Serialization
>> * Spirit
>> * System
>> * Thread (behavior change)
>> * Units
>> * Utility
>> * Wave
>
> Thanks for producing this list. If the changes to Utility are just the
> addition of the swap library, then it's already in the announcement.

Yes, maybe it is only that.

> I don't think it's worth mentioning warning removals, if we go into
> that level of detail the interesting changes will get lost in the
> verbiage. Minor changes should be expected. That said, I don't think
> we have a clear policy on this.

I want only to help makeing a better release note. IMO it is interesting to see how the libraries evolve, so any detailled information is welcome. Maybe the minor changes must go in a specific section. Why not have a section for libraries with major changes, another for minor changes and another for libraries with only patches, documentation, warning or inspection removal modifications, ..

> I'll take a look at the more significant changes later today.
I have identifies Any and Thread as the libraries having interface change or behavior change.

Thanks,
Vicente