Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-08 18:05:36

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 16:58:54 +0100, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Andrey,

> After a long time of documenting, polishing and testing I'm glad to
> announce that Boost.Log has reached the level where public review
> request can be submitted. The automatic tests aren't entirely complete,
> however, the basic functionality is covered and most of what is not
> covered has been tried by hand.
>
> Major changes since my last publicly announced version:

these are all really great news! I especially look forward to test the
Windows-specific sinks. Supporting operating system-specific logging
functions including the Windows Event Log should give your library a boost
as it's not an either/or question anymore between a platform-independent
Boost library or utilizing operating system functions.

> [...]The code should be compatible with Boost 1.38. Might also work with
> 1.37, but I didn't try.

I still use Boost 1.36.0. Building your library worked fine. I'll see in
the coming days if I run into any problems.

Boris