Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 05:28:36

Hi,
I have just started to read the documentation, and it is not easy to make the distinction between a elements in the library and the others. Can I suggest to rename the namesapce alias? Instead of

namespace logging = boost::log;
namespace sinks = boost::log::sinks;
namespace src = boost::log::sources;
namespace fmt = boost::log::formatters;
namespace flt = boost::log::filters;
namespace attrs = boost::log::attributes;

use
namespace blog = boost::log;
namespace blsinks = boost::log::sinks;
namespace blsrc = boost::log::sources;
namespace blfmt = boost::log::formatters;
namespace blflt = boost::log::filters;
namespace blattrs = boost::log::attributes;

So every thing starting with bl is an element of the library.

I have some innocent questions:
* Is logging thread-safe?
* If yes, are the lines interleaved as it is the case for output streams?
* If not could you point out how and where in the implementation this is handled?

Thanks,
Vicente