Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] is there a or_seq like logical metafunction?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 13:20:57

AMDG

Larry Evans wrote:
> In the vault, under "Template Metaprogramming", there's a profile,
> in and_seq_profile.zip, of the find_if method and the while_ method
> for implementing and_seq. The while_ method shows 100 fewer
> instantiations for a 3 element vector of nullary logical metafunctions.

I'm not seeing any such drastic differences. Even for 10 values,
the difference is just under 70 template instantiations on msvc.
and about 50 on gcc.

Also, for comparing performance, it's probably better to rely on
measuring compilation time. Not all templates take the same
amount of time to instantiate.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe