Subject: [boost] [future] @Tom -> review result?
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 18:13:47

>> I realy think that freezing this library will have as consequence the freeze of at least these libraries:
>> ThreadPool, AsynchronousExecutors, Threader/Joiner (both included for the moment in Interthreads),
>> Active Object ...

There is nothing keeping these other libraries from using "futures".
Nothing is frozen.
In fact, most utility libraries are added to boost by slipping them
into other boost libraries.

There is a certain priviledge to being a top-level boost library.
It needs to be reserved for libraries that have received the
appropriate amount of peer review.
That cleary did not occur here.

I agree that if a "review" does not generate enough reviews, than it
should be scheduled again, with refined
review criteria to attract more reviewers the next time. That is how
I am inclined to proceed.

Adding concurrent programming libraries to boost without lots and lots
of peer review is a mistake. It is an extremely
difficult subject.

Unless persuaded otherwise, those will be the instructions that I will
be giving the "Review Wizards".

//Tom