Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT regression on SunCC
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 13:59:27

David Abrahams wrote:

>>> Previous to my implementation, there was a nasty #include ordering
>>> dependency. That's what I fixed.
>> You introduced a gigantic regression. Is that not important?
>
> It would be if it were true. But after my changes, all the regression
> tests passed for compilers we were supporting. So how's that possible?

That is strange. I distinctly remember it not working for g++ 4 for a while.

Do you mean to distinguish between compilers Boost is supporting and
compilers Boost tests on? If so I'm not sure how helpful that is. In
this case, tests that passed before, no longer pass.

Reading your responses to the original thread, I understand that
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT and even base_object should not be used in portable
code. I am glad that Robert (or whoever) made portable syntax available.
I hope that this trend continues.

Anyway, if I do manage to figure it out in a way that lets the current
code remain unchanged, I will definitely let you know!

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com