Subject: [boost] [asio] two-lock queue deadlocks?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 01:03:03

Hi Guys,

I've run into an issue with defining BOOST_ASIO_ENABLE_TWO_LOCK_QUEUE
when using Boost.Asio in Boost 1.38.0. I'm currently implementing an
asynchronous HTTP client and when I wanted to try the experimental
feature and on a single-core machine apparently I run into a deadlock
when the asynchronous handler is itself posting to the same io_service
queue that hosted it.

Is this a known issue with BOOST_ASIO_ENABLE_TWO_LOCK_QUEUE, or is
this a usage issue?

--
Dean Michael Berris | Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.
blog.cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/mikhailberis |