Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] new auto_buffer class --- RFC
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-02 14:29:35

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Thorsten Ottosen <
thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> or *obj.begin()[n]. So there are plenty of ways to get a refence into the
> array.

True, though you have the admit that is a bit odd and inconsistent with the
STL. If someone really wants the optimized returns, I would maybe consider
having them named differently from those of container concepts but still
supporting STL-style accessors by default. This way, generic code written
for standard containers will work with your types.

 On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Thorsten Ottosen <
thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Maybe this is a good place to discuss this, but AFAIR,
> boost::circular_buffer does excatly this.

Oh wow, I had no idea. If that's true, I'm a little bit concerned, though if
it went through review fine maybe I'm just being too pedantic.

--
-Matt Calabrese