Subject: Re: [boost] RE [filesystem][cygwin] Standard conformance for wide characters
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-11 07:49:38

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Oh, I was sort of suggesting that Frederic should try to implement them
> if he really wants Cygwin support.  But if you want to take it on, it's
> of course OK with me...

Progress report:

Corinna Vinschen, the Cygwin project co-leader, has implemented
wprintf, fwprintf, swprintf, vwprintf, vfwprintf, and vswprintf, and
they have been added to the Newlib trunk. Additional comments and
suggestions came from Craig Howland, Jeff Johnston, and Eric Blake.
Thanks to these folks for moving Newlib, and thus Cygwin C++, wide
character support forward!

That leaves only the wscanf functions still to go.

--Beman