Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] [impl] polygon relations [was: area area, length, centroid, behavior]
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-12 14:31:30

Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> Can you send me a reference for Vatti?
> Vatti, B.R. "A Generic Solution to Polygon Clipping"; Communications
> of
> the ACM, 35(7), July 1992, pp.56-63.
> As far as I know it is not directly/freely available.

It looks like my algorithm is most closely related to Vatti, but I have improved on it in several ways. So far I can only find references to people who are improving on the graph based algorithm and performing all-pairs brute force line intersection. Do you know of any work that improves directly on Vatti rather than merely comparing yet-another-graph-travering algorithm to Vatti?

Thanks,
Luke