Subject: [boost] [thread] atomic
From: Sergei Politov (spolitov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 06:56:51

Hi,

  I would like to known state of atomic (class/operations) implementation in
boost.
  There are several threads that contains references to atomics, but I
cannot find the state of this issue.
  May be I've overlooked something.

  I would like to known the following:
  1) Is there defined interface for atomics? Where is it if present?
  2) What is the state of this work?

  Currently I use my own implementation of atomic class.
  It has interface similar to atomic class from intel tbb (also it contains
some ideas from tbb, but AFAIK ideas are not under GPL license).
  Now it is tested on MSVC 9.0 32-bit, and GCC 4.2.4 under Gentoo linux
(both 32 and 64-bit).
  I can boostify and prepare it for review, if there is no such work already
in progress.

Best Regards,
  Sergei