Subject: Re: [boost] Boost::Format add-on
From: Ryan Gallagher (ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 12:29:54

Joel Falcou <joel.falcou <at> u-psud.fr> writes:

> Who is in charge of Format maintenance ?

Sorry, but I don't know. Just some comments on what's proposed.
Also, you might post a patch to trac. It's too bad boost
doesn't have something like reviewboard setup for proposed patches.
http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/

> I would like to propose a simple patch to add an accessor to
> the number of arguments expected by the formating :
>
> int args() const { return num_args_; }

I'm not a fan of this name and think that more should be done.
For the method name, I think "num_expected_args" would be better.
Further, "num_bound_args" and "num_remaining_args" may be nice to
have.

Finally, I'd like to see better documentation on the already
existing "size" method. It's somewhat buried in the html
documentation and the header docs are not as clear as they should be.

-Ryan