Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Interest check for 3d geometry proposal
From: Kornel Kisielewicz (kornel.kisielewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 11:15:31

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Klimpel
<Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>> Sure, Boost has a linear algebra library graph algorithms,
>> and a proposed geometry library, yet what is missing is a
>> high-performance low-dimensional linear algebra library
>> (vectors and matrices up to the 4th dimension ).
>
> Do you know eigen2? What do you think of it? It's not a boost library, but its license seems to be acceptable.

After a quick look at it, it seems nice ( however i wonder about it's
performance considering it treats vectors as 4x1 matrices, and all
vectors and matrices are defined for any given number of dimensions --
something that UBLAS does already ). What I would want to see however
is an optimized library defining 3/4d vectors/matrices and common 3d
computational geometry tasks optimized for speed. And additional thing
that I'd like it to be is to allow as readable code as possible and
to have it integrated with other boost mechanisms.

--
regards,
Kornel Kisielewicz