Subject: [boost] [thread] Minor memory leaks?
From: Gregory Peele ARA/CFD (gpeele_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 12:14:54

I've been using Boost.Thread to implement an asynchronous task execution service, and when I run Valgrind I come across a fair number of reported memory leaks. Most of them are obviously my fault (there are some worker threads not being properly destroyed), but there are a few that I'm not clear from the stack trace whether or not they are under my control. Are there any known memory leaks in Boost.Thread?

The only thing that I've identified as a definite leak is in boost::this_thread::disable_interruption - it leaks 8 bytes from a TLS variable whenever it is constructed and destroyed by a non-Boost thread (at least on Linux.) This is obviously irrelevant for practical purposes, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for something intended to implement a proposed C++ standard library to have known memory leaks.

Thanks,
Gregory Peele, Jr.
Applied Research Associates, Inc.