Subject: [boost] boost::interprocess -- How do I construct a anonymous object ?
From: Oncaphillis (oncaphillis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 06:44:40

Hi,

I'm using boost::interprocess (1.37) and would like to construct
a couple of anonymous objects. The idea is to construct a named
object via

 Object *o segment.find_or_construct<Object>("theObject")();

and let this one dynamically construct a couple of other objects
to which it holds offset_ptrs. On destruction one could simply
use

   segment.destroy_ptr<Object2>( myOffset.get() );

to get rid of these objects. This works fine with objects
I constructed with

 segment.construct<Object2>("GAGA NAME")();

but the reference by name seems to be unnecessary.

The doc tells something about constructing and creating
of anonymous objects but so far I only find allocators
or copy constructors for anonymous objects.

Thanks you ....

O.