Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] fixed size matrix class? (was: Interest check for 3d geometry proposal)
From: Patrick Mihelich (patrick.mihelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-28 22:54:54

I think a fixed-size matrix class would be a great GSoC project. Or base of
a larger project for the really ambitious student :). Many extra points if
it is able to piggy-back on Joel's SIMD library. Lack of good fixed-size
support is one reason I abandoned uBLAS.

Who and why would use the fixed size matrix class?

This seems like a strange question coming from a game developer. Fixed-size
matrix can be dramatically more efficient since you can stack-allocate it
and make optimal use of SIMD instructions. I use Eigen2's fixed-size
vectors/matrices all the time.

Patrick