Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] Regarding the project Boost.DeVector
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-29 18:25:19

Satyam Shekhar wrote:
> One of the factors influencing this would obviously be whether segmented
> iterators are going to be used widely in the future for other containers.
> (hash tables etc)

The segmented iterator abstraction certainly makes a lot of sense, so is there any reason why it should not be used widely in the future?

Perhaps Andrei Alexandrescu will tell us some reasons why not:

Dave Abrahams (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2009/03/150068.php) wrote:
> The official schedule is now live at http://www.boostcon.com/program! A
> few highlights of the "mouth-watering content" (in the words of one
> enrollee) are:
>
> * A keynote address from Andrei Alexandrescu called "Iterators Must Go."
> It's sure to be provocative!

I hope there will be some way to learn about his opinions even for non-BoostCon participants.

Regards,
Thomas