Subject: Re: [boost] [mirror] -- RFC
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 09:59:42

Matus Chochlik wrote:

> The Mirror library has been around for nearly a year. I would like to start
> doing the preparations for getting the library ready for a formal review
> and before that I would like to hear your opinions on whether this
> library actually belongs to Boost and any suggestions on how to
> improve it or what to change.
>
> For those of you who are not familiar with it, Mirror is a compile-time
> reflection facility with some run-time features.

 From a quick reading of the documentation, I can see this library allows:
- to register members of a class and to be able to iterate them later at
compile-time. That kind of thing is already provided by Boost.Fusion
somehow.
- to demangle the result of std::type_info::name
- to remove the namespace information from the demangled name
- to do some tests on namespaces which seem quite arcane and not very
useful to me.

So I don't see anything really compelling in it. Maybe a few use cases
of your library would make me more interested?