Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2009
From: Roland Puntaier (Roland.Puntaier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-01 06:39:34

Hi Julian,

seeing your mail not yet answered I dare do so.

I suppose you have read
        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/soc2009

You should be very familiar with std::deque and standard containers in
general and the standard specification
and of course also with boost or at least certain parts of it.

Please read things properly:
        "One of the prime uses of std::deque is with intrusive containers,
whether are home-made or based on Boost.Intrusive..."
i.e. one would like to use it in intrusive containers...

Then, given the hints in
        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/soc2009
you should come up with a good proposal.
That's the work that needs to be done, understand the state of the art and
improve on it.
You, on the other hand, ask questions that you are supposed to solve
(Better ask yourself: Which functions can be made O(1)?)

You should have read all the mails regarding boost::devector so far.
If you had done so you would probably know that others have already an
almost finished proposal.

Still, basically you could come up with a better solution.
But given that there are already a few who do devector,
you should make sure your solution is better,
else more people only serve to make the communication effort rise.

This should not deviate from the fact that good contributions are surely
- welcome for boost and everybody who uses it
- an exquisite learning experience

So hang on!

regards, Roland

> Hi everyone!
>

> I'm Julian, 21 years old, student at the university of Innsbruck,
Austria.