Subject: [boost] [program_options] multitoken arguments
From: Carlo Medas (carlomedas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 03:15:23

Dears,
we've been using boost::program_options and it works great.

We just found a minor thing, which could be an issue, and I'm reporting it
to you: when specifying and using a multitoken argument, it actually works
only if put as last parameter of command line; in any other case, it eats
all remaining parameters.

My specification is as follows:

desc.add_options()
    ("output,o", bpo::value<std::vector<std::string> >()->multitoken(), "use
output setup for discovery/scan");

If then I want to use it like follows, it works:
> fing -p1 -p2 -p3 -o 1 2 3

But if the user inverts the order, it does not work anymore, meaning that p3
is eaten by -o option.
> fing -p1 -p2 -o 1 2 3 -p3

Is this a known limitation? Or maybe my specification above is not correct?

Thanks in advance,

Carlo Medas