Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Application period ends today / review period begins.
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 14:45:03

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> troy d. straszheim skrev:
>> Student application period ends today at 19:00 UTC, 12 Noon PDT.
>>
>> Then we have until the 15th to review and rank all (over 50 as of
>> now) student proposals and match them with mentors.
>>

> Troy,
>
> Is it the idea that I as a mentor shold go all proposals that I might
> consider to mentor and rate them?

I think all potential mentors should rate as many applications as they
find time to evaluate. It's the mentors who will collectively decide how
to rank applications, and thus, which ones will get selected. This may
involve not only individual ranking, but also some internal discussion.

Regards,
       Stefan