Subject: Re: [boost] Moving property map library into a directory
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-06 17:23:39

> The Boost Property Map Library (property_map) currently consists of a
> number of files in the top-level boost/ include directory. It would
> probably be better to move all of them into a subdirectory, especially
> as
> Nick Edmonds and I will be adding new files and directories into that
> library soon. Should I do that move? I will update Boost.Graph; are
> there other libraries in Boost that use property_map?

You never know who is using the files outside the boost tree. Don't remove
them altogether just that. As a safeguard, you could put forwarding headers
into the Boost root instead of the old files. Those could be flagged to be
deprecated (add some warnings - see the boost/spirit.hpp forwarding header
for an example) and may be removed two or three versions from now.

Regards Hartmut