Subject: Re: [boost] Performance measurement
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-07 13:06:49

Here's how I do it in the serialization library.

I have a directory boost/libs/serialization/performance which is very
similar to the boost/libs/serialization/test directory. In it I have a
couple of performance tests - I need many more. I run the normal bjam
system with the profile switch set and generate a table of results. I do
this using all the same setup as other testing. This generates a report for
each test which shows cpu time consumption on a function by function basis.
This works only with the gcc compiler. The serialization documentation
describes this system.

Robert Ramey