Subject: [boost] [gsoc] Official list released
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-20 19:42:06

On behalf of the panel of mentors, congratulations to the students
listed here:

   http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/boost

And a sincere thank you to all those who applied.

There are a large number of entirely worthy proposals that we received
that are not on that list. We had about 75 proposals, 11 willing
mentors, and as you can see, Google gave us seven slots. It was very
difficult to narrow down the list to these seven, and if we'd been given
more slots, of course more of you would be on that list.

Unfortunately, due to the sheer number of submissions and various, ahem,
technical problems, it would not have been (and will not now be)
possible to offer specific feedback on submissions that didn't make the
cut. For this we apologize.

Accepted students should eventually receive email from Google with
further instructions. Per the schedule, the "community bonding" period
now begins, time to get your dev. environment set up, get to know the
toolchain, write some 'hello world' quickbook docs, etc. Ask for help
if you need it. You can also visit some of your fellow summer coders on
#boost-soc on freenode.

-t