Subject: Re: [boost] mingw help
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 12:39:52

> 1. Currently, we use the same naming on mingw as on windows
> --
> foo.dll and foo.lib for shared libs and import libs, and
> libfoo.lib
> for static library. Is this OK?

No, this is definatly not correct.

This is how, autotools generate libraries:

Mingw Naming convention for library "foo" with ABI version 3:

Static library: libfoo.a --> installed to lib
Import lubrary: libfoo.dll.a --> installed to lib
Dynamic library: libfoo-3.dll --> installed to bin

Cygwin Naming convention

Static library: libfoo.a --> installed to lib
Import lubrary: libfoo.dll.a --> installed to lib
Dynamic library: cygfoo-3.dll --> installed to bin

Artyom