Subject: Re: [boost] Interest check: Boost.Debug
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-02 19:42:42

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> Provided I have a function that gets me a string that contains that
> information, I personally don't have a use case for such iteration. I
> can't think of what else I'd want to do with this data other than dump
> it somewhere as text. Can you?

I've only ever dumped it somewhere.

Still, I've used Python's traecback to get the last N (=2) stack frames
as a way of making it less likely for context to be lost in noise.

I also used print_tb (full traceback) as well. In general, I think it
would be a good idea to follow Python's traceback facility if you were
adding it to C++.

Pre-emptive please don't make it header-only comment ;-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com