Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Anyone familiar with the utility library want to try bug #2285?
From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 13:31:04

At 12:33 PM -0400 6/3/09, David Abrahams wrote:
>on Tue Jun 02 2009, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> AMDG
>>
>> Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> Writing some docs for "unwrap_ref".
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2585
>>
>> It's documented in the trunk but not the release branch--which
>> is okay because unwrap_ref itself has not been merged to the
>> release branch.
>
>Sheesh! It probably should be, no?
>
>I guess "merge to release" is another thing we need to get into our
>ticket workflow.

Here's a proposal:

1) We add a new ticket type "Merge to release".
2) When you fix a bug in the trunk, instead of closing it as "fixed",
you change it to "Merge to release".
3) After the tests have cycled for a while, and you are confident of
the fix, you mark the bug as "fixed".

Advantages:
1) We can track bugs that are fixed in trunk, but not yet in release.
2) People interested in the bug can test it in trunk.

Disadvantages:
1) More complexity in the bug flow "process".

Comments?

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>