Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Anyone familiar with the utility library want to try bug #2285?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 14:49:41

on Wed Jun 03 2009, Marshall Clow <marshall-AT-idio.com> wrote:

> At 12:33 PM -0400 6/3/09, David Abrahams wrote:
>>on Tue Jun 02 2009, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> AMDG

>>> It's documented in the trunk but not the release branch--which
>>> is okay because unwrap_ref itself has not been merged to the
>>> release branch.
>>
>>Sheesh! It probably should be, no?
>>
>>I guess "merge to release" is another thing we need to get into our
>>ticket workflow.
>
> Here's a proposal:
>
> 1) We add a new ticket type "Merge to release".

You must mean "status," not "type," right?

> 2) When you fix a bug in the trunk, instead of closing it as "fixed",
> you change it to "Merge to release".

Yeah, we need to update our post-commit hook to recognize "fixed" on
trunk changes and do that instead of closing the ticket.

> 3) After the tests have cycled for a while, and you are confident of the fix, you mark
> the bug as "fixed".

Good.

> Advantages:
> 1) We can track bugs that are fixed in trunk, but not yet in release.
> 2) People interested in the bug can test it in trunk.
>
> Disadvantages:
> 1) More complexity in the bug flow "process".
>
> Comments?

We *need* more complexity. We haven't got enough expressivity right now
to do anything useful for our workflow.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing