Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-07 08:29:42

Greetings Arytom,

It is very good to have a good C++ library for DirectX/Direct3D...
> But it **does not** belong to Boost that is cross platform project.
> Project that helps writing good software without vendor lock-in.

Verily, you are not `boost`. I encourage others that are reading this to
think for themselves and make their own opinions.

Boost is about helping coders to make performant applications in C++.

> You can just create another library that may be tightly integrated
> with Boost. But it does not have place in Boost, like many other good
> C++ libraries that have no place in Boost.

That is not your call.

> > That audience not only includes but primarily consists of
> > game developers.
> > And they all use DirectX.
>
> You wrong. I can give you a list of great games that use OpenGL like:

This is not about OpenGL VS DirectX. I hope I will not get more tired of
making this point: I want to help helping people make DirectX appications
using C++ and boost.

Regards,
Christian.