Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-07 08:30:19

Hi Christian,

2009/6/7 Christian Schladetsch <christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]>

> Is there a possibility of making submissions that use meta-C++ to assist
> with writing DirectX-based code?
>
> Obviously, DirectX is Microsoft-specific (but not necessarily platform
> specific!). So my question comes down to "is there a space in boost for
> MS-specific systems"? Perhaps in boost::microsoft or boost::directx or
> boost::microsoft::directx.

IIUC, any library submission should be tested on at least two platforms. If
your code worked on both Windows and WINE, I'd be interested in it.

Having a boost-style directx interface / utility library is probably a
necessary stop-gap towards having a cross-platform graphics library. As you
say, directx isn't going anywhere.

Do you have any publicly-available code?

Cheers,
Darren