Subject: [boost] [website] adding Google analytics reports to boost.org
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-06-08 02:01:22

After reading about Volodya's insertion of a GA tracker
for Boost.Build docs, I wonder whether it'd make sense
to add one of these to the boost.org website itself.
Some of the data we could gather, like for instance the
geographical distribution of visitors, can be very
illuminating.

There are two problems at first sight with this:

* Whose the reports' associated Google account should
be?
* How to make the data public? This is not technically
trivial, but maybe some volunteer would like to do the
job of extracting the data via the Google Analytics Data
Export API:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/22/make-your-google-analytics-data-public/

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz