Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 06:46:31

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Christian
Schladetsch<christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> Beyond all the formalities, I have to reduce myself to hand-waving. If you
> took a survey, in 2009 you will find that most people use C++ under Visual
> Studio. Fewer use linux-derivatives, and fewer again others use some custom
> vendors, but in reality, boost is addressing a Windows-oriented,
> performance-based audience.
>
> That is the reality.

I would be quite surprised if this were true. In fact I thought that
most windows development was moving to .NET and C#.
It might still be the case that for shrink wrapped software, C++
windows development is still dominant, but this type of software
devlopment is, AFAIK, dwarfed by in-house software development.

Do you have any numbers?

--
gpd