Subject: Re: [boost] Bug sprint aftermath questions.
From: Jeffrey Bosboom (jbosboom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 14:53:09

Vicente Botet Escriba wrote:

> joel-75 wrote:
>>> * There's still several tickets that have patches waiting to be applied.
>> Problem is that it seems some lib maintainer are just not around anymore.
>>

> I agree. It is not very encouraging to try to solve issues, add tests, post
> patches when the maintainer is just ignoring them.
>
> Vicente

I think the solution might be to have a process where libraries that sit
unmaintained for some period of time can be adopted by someone else.
(Not that people necessarily want to do maintain someone's library, but
if someone using the library is applying patches on their local copy
anyway, maybe they'd like to be the maintainer.)

--Jeffrey Bosboom