Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Chandrashekhar Kumar (iitk.cs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 14:58:09

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Christian Schladetsch <
christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> All we are saying is that your information that Spirit
> > does not have ASTs and does not support string templates is wrong.
>

> While I am not making friends, it is also misleading to suggest that Spirit
> "supports StringTemplates". It doesn't; it doesn't have an interpreter.
>
> And it's support for "AST" is arguable at least; those that can understand
> and use AST as proposed by Spirit is reduced to you, it's creator and maybe
> 1 or 2 others. In any case, the errors it produces are largely meaningless.
> That actually means something to real people.

For me, Spirit supports both AST and StringTemplates and that too very
elegantly.
And again for me, the errors it(other metaprogramming
libraries/applications) produces are not meaningless anytime(though it has
been lengthier and this is better as it contains the complete information).
Initially it was very daunting for me too, but as I learned C++ by spending
more time with it, the errors seem to be very friendlier and many-a-times
the errors contained the solutions too which I had been trying to solve.
May be with concepts addition, the errors will be earlier and shorter than
the present.