Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Monotonic Containers
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 18:05:01

Christian Schladetsch wrote:
> Hi Andrew:
>
> Maybe yes, maybe no. My understanding of the allocators was that they were
>> originally used to abstract differences in pointer types like __far and
>> __huge pointers. Their usage has become substantially more complex and
>> varied since then.
>

> If STL containers cannot be made by any means to use the stack for storage
> then we need a new set of containers.

<advertisement>

Just a note. The proposed move-aware containers in Boost.Sandbox move
library are standard-compatible containers that support both stateful
allocators and (a modified version of) N1850. They have been also used
to implement a modified malloc that takes advantage of these new functions:

http://www.drivehq.com/web/igaztanaga/allocplus/

</advertisement>

Best,

Ion