Subject: Re: [boost] "boost cold shoulder" (was proposal for #pragmaonce support)
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-11 16:37:32

Sid Sacek writes:
> I believe I belong to a third category that you didn't mention below:
> 3. The middle-aged mellowed-out "try to always do the right thing",
> "using namespace boost", crowd.
 I don't think doing the right thing implies automatically using a Boost
library, but rather considering the options. I encourage people to
"chew the meat and spit the bones" when it comes to Boost. Some
of the libs are very helpful and are implemented well. Other libs have
some problems --
http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html>
.

I will say though that doing the right thing in my book usally means
using Boost Intrusive and that Ebenezer Enterprises offers exclusive
marshalling/serialization support for two Boost Intrusive containers.
If there's interest in having marshalling support for other Intrusive
containers, we are willing to consider adding more support in that area.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
www.webEbenezer.net <
http://www.webebenezer.net/>

"Then Samuel took a rock and set it up between
Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer [Rock of
Help] and said, 'Until now the L-RD has helped us.'"