Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and XML-RPC
From: Matus Chochlik (chochlik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-12 04:33:00

Hi Dmitriy,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Dmitriy Lyfar<dlyfar_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello boosters,
>
> What do you think about boost.xmlrpc implementation? Some days ago I need
> simple xmlrpc library with https support,
> but I cannot find anything for windows. What I've found it's
> http://libiqxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/ library. But it has too many
> dependencies,
> I really don't understand why I should compile half of gnome to have an
> ability call xmlrpc methods. So after some libs I realized that
> there is no good xmlrpc lib for windows at least (if you know, please let me
> know).
>
> So what are you thoughs about implementation such lib as part of boost (asio
> based for example)? Is it needed for community?

Concerning the implementation of (not only *xml-based*) RPC, You may want to
take a look at the Mirror library in the vault. One of the reasons I'm
developing
this library is that we are using it for RPCs (besides other things) in several
of the projects at our university.

It needs some work to improve the compilation time and memory requirements
and the docs need to be finished, before it can be submitted for review, but
I think it is fairly usable already.

> Thank you, Dmitriy.

BR

--