Subject: [boost] 1.40.0 showstoppers
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-12 05:07:32

During last release cycle, we talked that there should be a way to
flag some issues as showstoppers for next release, so that next release
is either delayed until the issue is fixed, or the issue is explicitly
downgraded by the release team after consideration. However, I am not
sure we've reached definitive agreement on how such issues should be
marked. One proposal is to use the 'showstopper' status. Does that sound
OK to our release managers?

If so, shall this convention be documented somewhere, and should release
procedures be adjusted to including checking this list prior to rolling
betas and final release? I can do the necessary edits if everybod agrees,
and tell me what to edit.

Thanks,
Volodya