Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Monotonic Containers
From: christopher hopman (cjhopman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-11 21:38:28

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Christian Schladetsch <
christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:
The benchmarks I posted, while hardly exhaustive, do indeed show a
performance increase of 10-100x over the standard schemes. At least this was
a proof-of-concept over and above my hand-waving.
Cheers,
Christian
I don't really have much faith in those 10-100x performance results. Someone
else in that thread ran the code and got more like 1.2x better performance
with the monotonic container. In my tests I, too, see about 1.2x
improvement. Until somebody reproduces your performance results I will
remain skeptical.
-Chris Hopman