Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Raindog (raindog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-13 01:56:53

Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> I've been working the past two years, on and off, unfortunately more
> often not, in a GUI library. But I have gotten back to it. And I
> wanted to make it usable. I believe there are some great things in it.
> This library has a named parameter interface which is extensible by
> the backend implementation.
> I've been working on a QT port, which have been fairly easy so far.
> My intention is to rework some parts of it, finish most widgets and
> the surface concept I've been working on and submit to review to
> boost.
> But I wanted some ideas on the controller interface and whatever might
> be useful too in improving the design before submitting.
> The library is in http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/cppgui
> There's a svn and trac there that I use.
> The library requires the boost/funcitonal/factory.hpp library reviewed
> and accepted (?), which is not yet part of any boost distribution to
> compile.
> You will also need fusion to compile.
> I've tested with GCC 4.4.0/4.3.3 with QT and win32 with visual C++ 9.0.
> But should be pretty portable, including qt in visual C++.
> The gtk code does not compile :(.
>
> There are some very primitive documentation in the site, and some
> examples in the svn.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hello,

I'm finding the build instructions on the wiki are not working.

    You must edit the file boost-build.jam in cppgui root directory, or
some of its parents, so that bjam can find boost.build.
    boost-build ../boost_1_39_0/tools/build/v2 ;

First, I am unable to find a file named boost-build.jam in any of the
cppgui files.
Secondly, I am unable to determine which directory is considered cppgui
root as there is a folder 'trunk' which contains docs, etc, and then
there is the projects folder which contains a lot of stuff.

Also, with this instruction:

    My CppGui <http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/cppgui/CppGui> root
directory contains the Jamfile.v2 with the following content:
    use-project boost : ../boost_1_39_0 ;

Which directory is the root directory, and there is no Jamfile.v2 in
anything but the projects sub folders.