Subject: Re: [boost] Removing Bind placeholders from the global namespace
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-13 15:11:42

Peter Dimov wrote:

> This is one case in which the trunk/release procedures don't work
> well as-is unless someone volunteers to produce a patch against all
> of Boost that at once moves the placeholders into namespace
> boost::placeholders _and_ fixes all errors that this would cause.

This amounts to a breaking interface change.
How would this situation have been better (or different) under the old
system?

> It'd be easier to split the work: I put the breaking change in and
> then the libraries are fixed one by one. :-)

easier than? I don't see any other way to do such a thing. That is
though the work might be split up differently, the actual work
seems to me to be exactly the same - and impossible to avoid
with any kind of system.

Robert Ramey