Subject: Re: [boost] [proto]: rewriting POOMA and Blitz++
From: Chandrashekhar Kumar (iitk.cs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-14 05:09:19

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM, joel <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Chandrashekhar Kumar wrote:
>
>> Can something be done along the similar lines for re-writing the top-notch
>> libraries like POOMA and Blitz++ as a complete examples of proto
>> applications?
>>
>> Does anyone has idea about how huge this undertaking can be?
>>

> Well, I'm rewriting a linear algebra library looking like blitz++ in Proto
> since 2 years now ;)

Wow! This is awesome. Is it possible to get all of us benefitted by having
an early access to your work on this?

I just started diving inside POOMA internals(specially PETE's usage) with
the idea to use proto instead. If for you, it has taken 2 years to rewrite
something like blitz++ in proto, then for me rewriting POOMA might take no
less than 6 years or so.