Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Monotonic Containers
From: Peter Soetens (peter.soetens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-18 06:09:18

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 03:36, Christian
Schladetsch<christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Apologies in advance, I realise I am on the verge of spamming and will not
> continue.

Now that this guy has left, I wanted to add in retrospect that the
idea of the monotonic allocator was thrilling for an embedded &
real-time user like me. Today we are settling with vector.reserve() or
custom containers and this idea could be of use in some cases, if
anyone doubted that at all. I understand that The Standard is here to
protect us from making the same mistakes all over again, but we're
sometimes a bit more relaxed than the people around this list. The
unit test will tell eventually if it works or not, not the standard, I
haven't read it.

Nothing to add about the way this proposal evolved (and started) on
the list... that's been made clear by several people already.

Peter