Subject: [boost] Getting involved in Boost
From: Anteru (newsgroups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-18 07:57:07

Hi,

I'm a Boost user since quite some time now (1.33 or so), however, I did
not contribute a library to Boost, and I was also not too active on the
news groups (a few posts so far, at most.)

When I look at the review queue, I can see lots and lots of interesting
libraries waiting. So my question is: How can I, primary a Boost user,
contribute to the community to help with getting new libraries into
Boost? Primary, I'd be interested in PIMPL and the ThreadPool, possibly
in AutoBuffer and Sorting.

Is there some recommended way of reviewing a library "out-of-order" with
no review manager, such that the review is easily identifiable and can
be found when it comes to the real review? For me, it seems to be no
problem to gather reviews of a library up-front. This could make it
easier for a review manager to do his work, as he could simply start a
formal review only after a certain number of reviews has been done.

Side note: I couldn't find a recent review status on the website --
under Development, Submissions, the latest report is from 2008, while
the one latest one I could find is from June 2009. However, it does not
say what the current status of the UUID is -- did I miss some obvious
page with the status of all libraries?

Cheers,
  Anteru