Subject: Re: [boost] SafeInt code proposal
From: Omer Katz (omerktz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-21 14:02:40

Hi everyone,
first of all, thank you for your comments, and thank you for pointing out
David's library.
We actually haven't seen David's code until today, that you've mentioned
it... We had no idea that it existed
we asked about a month and a half ago (12.5.09) regarding adding a SafeInt
lib for boost, and no one actually replied, so did happen in the IRC, and
when we didn't find any other such thing in boost, we decided that it would
be a good idea to have something like that, under the boost licence.
Regarding David's work: indeed a great job, much more complete than ours for
the moment,
though we still think that such a library in boost will be a good idea.
we may suggest our help if David will decide to port histo boost,
or it's possible to keep developing a parrallel independent library, fixing
the portabilities issues and adding more functionality... We are aware that
there is still work to be done on our library

There is indeed an overflow flag as mentioned, but the library should be
platform independent, that's why it doesn't use it, though it will be
probably faster.

þþý"Omer Katz" <omerktz_at_[hidden]>ýþ ëúá áäåãòú