Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] polygon
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-23 18:14:06

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>> Gtl was renamed to boost::polygon.
>>
>> The source is available at
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl/boost/polygon/
>> And the documentation is at
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl/doc/index.htm
>>
>> I have a review manager and a number of prospective reviewers lined
>> up, so we should be able to at least get the review started
>> smoothly.
>>
>> I would like the review wizard to contact me off list to discuss
>> which dates are more suitable to have the review given my personal
>> schedule.
>>

> I suggest that you run the inspect tool.
>
> Here'e the summary for the source:
> 1 files missing Boost license info or having wrong reference text
> 1 files missing copyright notice
> 6 files with tabs
> 74 violations of the Boost min/max guidelines
>
> polygon.hpp line 12:
> You should generally use cmath instead of math.h in C++
>
> Many of the headers cannot stand alone, because
> they do not #include the other headers that they depend on.
> If you don't want them to be included directly they should
> go in a subdirectory called detail or something similar.

This is good. I'm able to run the inspect tool and have already fixed the tabs violations with the expand linux comand line utility and have added the license/copyright in the unit test file. Now I have a problem that I can't find on the boost website how to protect uses of std::min/max and std::numeric_limits<>::min/max from macros that define min and max such as in windows.h. Can you point me to the reference? I looked yesterday too because I knew min/max would be an issue before or during review, but couldn't find it.

I think a detail directory is a good idea.

I think I need to change all my multiple inclusion macro definitions from GTL_ to BOOST_POLYGON_. I have no other macros.

Thanks,
Luke